WE FIGHT INSURANCE COMPANIES TO GET DISABILITY BENEFITS PAID
Have your short or long term disability benefits been denied?
Are you disabled and unable to work?
Do you need to make a claim for disability benefits under an employer-provided insurance program? Or under your individual long-term disability policy?
Did your insurance company pay your benefits for a period of time, and then stop suddenly, claiming that you are no longer disabled, even though your doctor still says that you are?
It is important to deal with the denial of a disability claim immediately! Do not wait any longer!
We can help, whether you need assistance filing your claim, you have already filed a claim and have been denied benefits, or your claim was approved and benefits were recently terminated.
We have a decade of experience handling short and long-term disability claims through the administrative process and litigation against big insurance companies and employers, including:
- The Hartford
- Mutual of Omaha
- The Standard
- Reliance Standard
- Northwestern Mutual
- The Principal
- Employers who provide self-insured/self-funded disability benefits, such as AT&T/Sedgwick, FedEx, ATK, Ford, Ascension Health Systems, and General Motors
WE KNOW THE COMMON REASONS CLAIMS ARE DENIED OR TERMINATED, AND WE KNOW HOW TO FIGHT THE BENEFIT DENIALS
We find that disability claims are often terminated for the same reasons. Common reasons benefits are denied or terminated include the following:
- Lack of objective evidence
- Change in the policy’s definition of disability from “own occupation” to “any occupation” and allegation that you do not qualify under the “any occupation” definition of disability
- Lack of response to request for information
- Allegation that you did not remain disabled through the policy’s “qualifying period” or “elimination period”
- Allegation that your condition is pre-existing
- Allegation that there are no functional restrictions or limitations preventing you from returning to work
- The insurance company hired a doctor to review your medical records or to evaluate you in person, and that doctor determined you were no longer disabled.
WE FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE
We know that your insurance company has lawyers advising them as to how to best perfect your claim denial in order to make it difficult to defeat the denial decision. With this in mind, we fight the insurance company with just as much aggression. Normally, before the insurance company denies or terminates your benefits, they will have their in-house medical staff look at your file to determine whether you have provided evidence that you are unable to perform your normal work duties. Often these are staff nurses or physicians, or consulting physicians that they use over and over again to help them deny claims. They may also hire private detectives to follow you around and videotape you when you leave your home. They will likely require that you participate in a phone interview to discuss the nature of your disability and ask you to explain in detail why your disability prevents you from working. They may also require you to be evaluated in-person by a doctor of their choice.
WE ARE IN YOUR CORNER
We will stand by your side and be your voice while the insurance company investigates your claim. We ensure that our clients have the best opportunity for obtaining their benefits by presenting their own compelling evidence.
If your short or long-term disability benefits have been wrongfully denied or terminated, we will argue that the insurance company made a mistake in denying your claim. We will present testimony and medical evidence from your treating physicians that show you are being treated for a long-term disability that prevents you from returning to work.
If the insurance company is unwilling to reverse the claim denial through its administrative process, we will litigate your claim in court, and do whatever is necessary to ensure you receive the long-term disability benefits you need.